DBPapers
DOI:10.5593/SGEM2013/BA1.V1/S01.005

DISTRIBUTION OF Cu IN THE OLD BOR FLOTATION TAILING DUMP AS A FUNCTION OF FUTURE RECLAMATION OF THE FIELD

M. Bugarin, Z. Stevanovic, V. Marinkovic, M. Maksimovic, L. Obradovic
Monday 5 August 2013 by Libadmin2013

References: 13th SGEM GeoConference on Science and Technologies In Geology, Exploration and Mining, www.sgem.org, SGEM2013 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-954-91818-7-6 / ISSN 1314-2704, June 16-22, 2013, Vol. 1, 33 - 38 pp

ABSTRACT

The Old Bor Flotation Tailing Dump is located in the town of Bor, close to the existing
facilities of RTB Bor, primarily the Bor Flotation Plant (east), on the west side, near the
tailing dump is the settlement, so called the “II kilometer”.
Based on data from the existing literature, the French began disposal of tailings in the
northern part of the Bor stream near the existing railway station, from 1934 until 1941,
when the mine and entire were taken by the Germans, who continued to deposit
flotation tailings in the lower souther parts of the Bor stream. Immediately after the
World War II, after completed reconstruction of the mine, it was continued to deposit
tailings until 1987. [3]
The average depth of tailing dump is about 30 m, while the mass of tailings in tailing
dump is 26,768,268 t.
During 1971, in the Copper Institute Bor, the research was conducted on a sample
formed from exploratory drill holes, made on a tailing dump. The average content of
useful components was as follows: Cutotal = 0.32 %, S = 10.60%, Au = 0.60 g / t Ag =
1.1 g / t.

Keywords: Old Bor Flotation Tailing Dump. Distribution, flotation tailings, Cu.

Home | Contact | Site Map | Site statistics | Visitors : 222 / 353063

Follow site activity en  Follow site activity GEOLOGY  Follow site activity Papers SGEM2013   ?

CrossRef Member    Indexed in ISI Web Of Knowledge   Indexed in ISI Web Of Knowledge
   

© Copyright 2001 International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference & EXPO SGEM. All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License