RECYCLABILITY RATE OF DUST FROM CAST IRON CASTINGS PRODUCTION INTO SAND MIXTURES
10th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference - SGEM2010, www.sgem.org, SGEM2010 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN 10: 954-91818-1-2, June 20-26, 2010, Vol. 2, 917-924 pp
Foundries produce metal castings from ferrous or non-ferrous alloys and they operate in
various locations around the world. A typical foundry workplace is composed of
furnace area, pouring area, core making area, shaking out area and fettling area. The
manufacturing process involves the melting of metal into a liquid, the pouring of molten
metal into a cast, the removing of casting and the cleaning / finishing of the cast piece.
Dusts arise almost in every of these steps of foundry processes.
Solid waste streams from foundries are primarily used foundry sand, foundry dust
(collected by dry or wet electrostatic precipitators) or fabric filters, slag, scrap metal and
various other types of waste arising.
The main aim of this paper was to determine foundry dusts recyclability rate by their
addition into the sand mixtures.
Keywords: Foundry, Dust, Sand mixture, Waste, Cast iron, Recyclability rate
PAPER 2010/s21.8: RECYCLABILITY RATE OF DUST FROM CAST IRON CASTINGS PRODUCTION INTO SAND MIXTURES
30 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- THEORETICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ABOUT THE LAGOON CLAYS OF THE KONYAALTI REGION IN ANTALYA
- THE RESULTS OF RESEARCH OF BOHEMIAN GARNET DEPOSITS IN THE REGION OF NORTH WESTERN BOHEMIA
- THE PROSPECTS OF MINERALS EXPLORATIONS IN DEFINED ORE DEPOSITS IN KOSOVA
- THE PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION OF CAYIRHAN GLAUBERITE MINERALLIZATION IN ANKARA, TURKEY
- WATER-SAVING OPPORTUNITIES IN URBAN GREEN SPACE APPLICATIONS