COMPUTER MODELLING OF FLAMMABLE GAS DISPERSION THROUGH LEAKAGES OCCURRED IN TECHNOLOGICAL INSTALLATIONS
References: 15th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference SGEM 2015, www.sgem.org, SGEM2015 Conference Proceedings, ISBN 978-619-7105-34-6 / ISSN 1314-2704, June 18-24, 2015, Book2 Vol. 1, 77-84 pp
In gas dispersion analysis, phenomena which have to be taken into account are extremely complex and hard to be mathematized. However, there exist a lot of attempts to develop consistent theories regarding this phenomenon. Computer models presented in this paper are developed in accordance with these theories, in terms of accepting simplifying hypotheses.
For experimenting methodologies for modelling flammable gases dispersion through possible leakages, there has been taken into account a recent mathematical study developed for identifying the optimal location for placing gas detectors within a technological installation.
The paper presents computerized fluid dynamics techniques for modelling fissures occurred in flexible connectors belonging to a technological installation in which are used flammable gases, in order to analyze the dispersion of gases released through these fissures and presents the comparison of results obtained by modelling with the ones obtained using mathematical methods.
Keywords: computer modelling, dispersion, explosive atmosphere, flammable gas, leakage
Articles by this author
- THE IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY OF REALIZATION ON AIRTIGHTNESS OF BUILDING ENVELOPE
- TOWARDS SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE: UNDERGROUND AND SEMI-BURIED HOUSES VERSUS CONVENTIONAL HOUSES
- URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM CHANGES, IN POST COMMUNIST PERIOD IN IASI MUNICIPALITY
- VENTILATION AIR CHANNEL METHODS AND USE OF THEIR OPPORTUNITIES
- TECHNOLOGY VERSUS THE METROPOLITAN SCALE