EXPLOITATION OF MINERAL RESOURCES AIMED AT PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT – CAN THIS BE?
2nd International Scientific Conference - SGEM2002, www.sgem.org, SGEM2002 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN: 954-918181-2, June 9-15, 2002, 15- 24pp
Surface mining of mineral resources enables massive excavation, but
results in extensive degradations of a specific area, either in non-reclaimed
state, or left with a significant change in the purpose for which this land
can be used. It is also important that certain mineral resources that were
previously dumped as overburden can, due to changes in economic
conditions, frequently become a valuable raw material. In this paper, the
possibilities for exploitation of the piled technical stone in the former
surface bauxite mine named Stari Gaj (near Obrovac, inland from Zadar)
are discussed as a characteristic example of such an exploitation project.
Key words: mineral resource, environment, dumping, reclaiming
PAPER 2002/s01.1: EXPLOITATION OF MINERAL RESOURCES AIMED AT PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT – CAN THIS BE?
20 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- ON THE APPLICATION OF GEOPHYSICAL COMPUTER TOMOGRAPHY FOR AN INCOMPLETE SET OF DATA
- MONITORING OF CHANGES IN MEASUREMENTS OF OBJECTS FROM PHOTOGRAPHS
- THE REGULARIZED MOORE-PENROSE PSEUDOINVERSION METHOD AS A TOOL FOR MEASUREMENT DATA PROCESSING
- TOOLS OF AI FOR OBJECT RECOGNITION IN SYSTEM FOTOM 2001
- MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR SPECIALIZED MINING-GEOLOGICAL INFORMATION