THERMAL PROPERTIES OF THE URALS SERPENTINOUS DUNITES (OLIVINE ROCK) AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES
10th International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference - SGEM2010, www.sgem.org, SGEM2010 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN 10: 954-91818-1-2, June 20-26, 2010, Vol. 1, 815-822 pp
The authors were the first to carry out the investigation of thermal properties of
serpentinous dunites (olivine rock) at Mount Soloviev, Nizhny Tagil duniteclinopyroxenite
massif. The collection studied includes 12 dunite samples varying in the
degree of serpentinization in the range of values from near 0 to practically 100%.
The samples of serpentinous dunites from the Urals were investigated for
thermoconductivity and thermal diffusivity by the apparatus applying the method of
periodic heating in the system of contacting bodies in the range of temperatures from
20° C to 140°C.
1. Significant correlation between thermoconductivity-and-serpentinization degree and thermal diffusivity-and-serpentinization degree was observed.
2. Correlation coefficient between thermoconductivity and serpentinization degree (0.7- 0.8) and thermal diffusivity and serpentinization degree (0.6- 0.7) can be explained by the fact that rock thermal properties depend not only on mineralogical and petrographic makeup but also on other factors (grain size and shape, contaminations).
3. Heat parameter-temperature relation show that with a rise in temperature heat parameter would change. Thermal diffusivity would decrease, thermoconductivity would increase and heat capacity changes would be insignificant.
4. Thermoconductivity, thermal diffusivity, and heat capacity based empirical
regression equations for serpentinous dunites have been built up due to the coefficient of partial correlation higher than simple linear correlation.
5. Serpentinization degree influence study, as well as other mineralogical and
petrographic features, is of great scientific importance and must be continued with a larger number of rock samples for examination.
Keywords: thermoconductivity, thermal diffusivity, dunites, coefficients,
PAPER 2010/s06.8: THERMAL PROPERTIES OF THE URALS SERPENTINOUS DUNITES (OLIVINE ROCK) AT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES
30 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- THEORETICAL AND EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ABOUT THE LAGOON CLAYS OF THE KONYAALTI REGION IN ANTALYA
- THE RESULTS OF RESEARCH OF BOHEMIAN GARNET DEPOSITS IN THE REGION OF NORTH WESTERN BOHEMIA
- THE PROSPECTS OF MINERALS EXPLORATIONS IN DEFINED ORE DEPOSITS IN KOSOVA
- THE PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION OF CAYIRHAN GLAUBERITE MINERALLIZATION IN ANKARA, TURKEY
- WATER-SAVING OPPORTUNITIES IN URBAN GREEN SPACE APPLICATIONS