INVESTIGATION OF THE TEXTURE, PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF SOME ROCKS USED AS BUILDING STONE
7th International Scientific Conference - SGEM2007, www.sgem.org, SGEM2007 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN: 954-918181-2, June 11-15, 2007
Rocks are complex and heterogeneous materials. Their complexity is described
depends on their mineralogical constitutions which is characterized based on the
features of the rocks such as their fabric and texture. It is considered that the texture is
an important parameter to evaluation of the mechanical properties of the rocks.
In this study, physical and mechanical properties of 9 different rocks were tested
according to standards of International Society of Rock Mechanics (ISRM, 1981). In
order to analyze the texture properties of rock samples such as grain size and grain size
distribution, petrographical microscope were used. After grain size and grain size
distribution of rocks were determined, average grain size index were calculated.
In this study, texture, physical and mechanical properties of different rocks were
investigated, and the relationships between their texture and physico-mechanical
properties were analyzed using statistical method.
PAPER 2007/s01.2: INVESTIGATION OF THE TEXTURE, PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF SOME ROCKS USED AS BUILDING STONE
25 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- A REVIEW OF MACHINE PARAMETERS INFLUENCING THE DRILLING RATE IN MINES
- EARTH SCIENCES AND THE INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF PLANET EARTH
- AUTOMATIC CALCULATION OF ACOUSTIC FIELD BEHIND THE FIRST LINE OF BUILDINGS
- BENCH BLASTING OPTIMIZATION METHOD DEPENDING ON DESIRED FRAGMENTATION
- SIMULATION OF COPPER CONTENT IN THE SUNGUN PORPHYRY DEPOSIT THROUGH SEQUENTIAL GAUSSIAN SIMULATION (SGS), IRAN