VISUALIZATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL DATA
8th International Scientific Conference - SGEM2008, www.sgem.org, SGEM2008 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN: 954-918181-2, June 16-20, 2008, Vol. 2, 577-584 pp
This paper describes utilization of environmental data to support decision-making in
environmental management and protection. This requires a thorough knowledge of
related developments in computer science and a good understanding of the
environmental management tasks at hand. As computational power increases, and
observation systems sample the environment more densely in space and time,
environmental datasets have become increasingly large and more complex.
Furthermore, environmental datasets, both observed data and model outputs, are
geographically distributed across the network on heterogeneous computing platforms.
To understand these large, complex, distributed data sets depends upon the development
of new information technologies for integrating the data sets with visualization and
analysis technologies. As a support tool for managing, processing analyzing an
visualizing environmental data are Geographic Information Systems.
Keywords: information systems, environment, database, geographical information system, waste management.
PAPER 2008/s11.6: VISUALIZATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL DATA
25 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- STABILITY ANALYSIS AND SUPPORT SYSTEM DESIGN OF JAJARM GOLBINI MINE TUNNEL NO 3
- COMPUTATION OF TBM DISCS LIFE CASE STUDY: DEZ - QOMRUD WATER TRANSFER TUNNEL, IRAN
- DEPTH PROFILING AND SOLVING OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING PROBLEMS BY MEANS OF ONE-CHANNEL REFLECTION SEISMIC
- ULTIMATE PIT LIMIT DESIGN USING HEURISTIC ALGORITHMS, CASE STUDY: SANGAN IRON DEPOSIT – IRAN
- TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND POSSIBILITY OF USING LIMESTONE MASSIF "RGOTINA ROCK" NEAR BOR