GEOLOGY, RESERVE ESTIMATION AND QUALITY ASSESSMENT OF THE SINDHALI LIMESTONE DEPOSIT, NEPAL
6th International Scientific Conference - SGEM2006, www.sgem.org, SGEM2006 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN: 954-918181-2, June 12-16, 2006, Vol. 1, 153-162 pp
This paper presents the geology, reserve estimation and quality assessment of the Sindhali limestone deposit located in allochthonous succession of the eastern Nepal Lesser Himalaya. Geologically, the limestone deposit lies in the Bhainsedobhan Marble of the Bhimphedi Group where the Bhimphedi Group is divided into three formations: the Raduwa Formation, the Bhainsedobhan Marble and the Kalitar Formation from south to north respectively. The study area is further divided into Northern, Central and Southern tectonic zones, where the Northern tectonic zone is thrusted over the Central tectonic zone along the Mahabharat Thrust (MT) that brings limestone deposit over the top of the sequence. Reserve estimation of the cement grade limestone from cross-section method is found around 595.823 million tons and the chemical analysis gives the average value of CaO and MgO as 49.34% and 2.35% respectively, representing good quality of limestone especially for the manufacture of portland cement.
PAPER 2006/s01.18: GEOLOGY, RESERVE ESTIMATION AND QUALITY ASSESSMENT OF THE SINDHALI LIMESTONE DEPOSIT, NEPAL
25 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- ASSESSMENT OF THE CHARACTERISTICS AND METHODS FOR TREATMENT OF LANDFILL GAS, EXTRACTED FROM LANDFILL FOR NON- HAZARDOUS WASTE “SUHODOL”
- METHODOLOGICAL APPROACH FOR SELECTION OF POTENTIAL REGIONAL LANDFILL SITES ON THE TERRITORY OF BULGARIA
- TRACE ELEMENTS IN FLY ASHES FROM “VARNA”, “BOBOV DOL”, “MARITZA IZTOK I”, “MARITZA ІІІ”, „REPUBLIKA” AND “ROUSSE IZTOK” POWER PLANTS, BULGARIA
- AIR POLLUTION STUDIES AT THE GEOPHYSICAL INSTITUTE, BULGARIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
- NEUTRALIZATION OF HEAVY METALS IN WATER AND SOILS BY IMMOBILIZATION INTO INSOLUBLE COMPLEXES, INABSORBABLE BY PLANTS
© Copyright 2001 International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference & EXPO SGEM. All Rights Reserved.