SELECTIVE SHEAR FLOCCULATION OF CELESTITE WITH AERO 845
8th International Scientific Conference - SGEM2008, www.sgem.org, SGEM2008 Conference Proceedings/ ISBN: 954-918181-2, June 16-20, 2008, Vol. 1, 211-216 pp
In this study, selective shear flocculation of celestite with Aero 845 as anionic surfactant
from the mixtures of celestite and calcite was investigated using sodium silicate, sodium
phosphate and sodium polyphosphate as inorganic dispersants. The effects of pH and
dispersant concentration on the selective flocculation of celestite mineral were studied.
Experiments carried out with sodium silicate at optimum conditions yielded a
concentrate, which is flocculated material, assaying 82.5% SrSO4 with a recovery 79%
and separation index of 0.62 from a mixture containing 50% SrSO4.
Keywords: Celestite, Calcite, Selective flocculation, Aero 845, Dispersant.
PAPER 2008/s03.6: SELECTIVE SHEAR FLOCCULATION OF CELESTITE WITH AERO 845
25 EURO ADD TO CART
Your cart ( items)
Tax cost ():
Articles by this author
- STABILITY ANALYSIS AND SUPPORT SYSTEM DESIGN OF JAJARM GOLBINI MINE TUNNEL NO 3
- COMPUTATION OF TBM DISCS LIFE CASE STUDY: DEZ - QOMRUD WATER TRANSFER TUNNEL, IRAN
- DEPTH PROFILING AND SOLVING OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING PROBLEMS BY MEANS OF ONE-CHANNEL REFLECTION SEISMIC
- ULTIMATE PIT LIMIT DESIGN USING HEURISTIC ALGORITHMS, CASE STUDY: SANGAN IRON DEPOSIT – IRAN
- TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND POSSIBILITY OF USING LIMESTONE MASSIF "RGOTINA ROCK" NEAR BOR